SOON Tyson Fury says he will announce new opponent this week with Derek Chisora and Mahmoud Charr in the frame after Anthony Joshua talks collapsed

Tyson Fury has now declared that his next fight will be officially announced this week with his new opponent set to be confirmed.

The WBC heavyweight world champion was in talks to face Anthony Joshua, but these negotiations collapsed last week.

That bout was being targeted for December 3 at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff and Fury’s team have decided to keep the date and venue.

The Gypsy King will now return against a different opponent though, with two names known to be in the frame.

Fury said on social media on Thursday: “Hey guys, second session of the day. Absolutely smashing it.

“December 3, I’m coming for you.

“We’re about to announce an opponent this week some time.

“Get up there my boy. Cardiff here we come, get up.”

While the doomed negotiations with Joshua were ongoing, Fury was also exchanging words with Mahmoud Charr.

The pair have verbally agreed to fight and Charr has even claimed that he’s signed a contract with Fury’s promoter Frank Warren which enables him to come in as an opponent for either Joe Joyce, Daniel Dubois or the Gypsy King himself.

Fury’s camp are also known to have sent a contract to Derek Chisora.

Despite holding two prior wins over his fellow Brit, the WBC heavyweight world champion has talked up a potential trilogy fight with his old friend, which could be happening next.

As yet, it is unclear who exactly Fury will fight on December 3, thought it appears confirmation will come very soon.

Related articles

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share article

Latest articles

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.